Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Pizza Godfather and his Attempt to "Whack" Abortion

As of recently, I have found myself continually writing about Herman Cain.  To me, he is quite intriguing. Even more intriguing, are the numbers, which show him to be highly regarded by the GOP.  In fact, the GOP has praised the candidate for his desire for a radical reform in taxes, and his plainspoken tone of voice.  However, the media has not been so soft on Cain, claiming that "he had better get serious."  While opinions of the CEO of Godfather's pizza have been running rampant as of late, his approval nonetheless amongst his party has remained consistent.  However, it was not his 9-9-9 plan nor his accusation of blacks being "brainwashed" or "racist" that caught my attention.  It was his latest interview with Piers Morgan of CNN yesterday regarding his stance on abortion.  Here is a portion of that interview:



My analysis of this video is as follows: Huh?  That is right, I am confused Mr. Cain.  When asked if one of his female children and or grandchildren had been raped and impregnated, would he wish for the baby to come to life, he said "two separate issues."  Mr. Cain, while you have been praised for your plainspoken style, it has become apparent that you may lack the capacity to answer a question.  Is Herman Cain pro-choice or pro-life? According to this video, that would depend whether or not the circumstances involved his family or not.  Perhaps if he gets elected to the White House, he can flip a coin.

Further on in this interview, Cain explained, "As to my political policy view on abortion, I am 100% pro-life.  End of story.  I will appoint judges who understand the original intent of the Constitution.  Judges who are committed to the rule of law know that the Constitution contains no right to take the life of unborn children.  I will oppose government funding of abortion.  I will veto any legislation that contains funds for Planned Parenthood.  I will do everything that a President can do, consistent with his constitutional role, to advance the culture of life."  Mr. Cain says end of story.  Here is a hypothetical story to think about Mr. Cain.  A young women has been raped and she is now pregnant.  In addition to her now not legally able to give up her child, the new 9-9-9 tax reform plan has been enacted and now she must pay an extra 9% on her income that will support her child.   So I end this story with a question: Mr. Cain, how do you plan to advance the culture of her life?

No comments:

Post a Comment